Growing up is an important process that takes place from the time we are conceived in our mother’s womb. While it is extremely important for us to carry on a healthy lifestyle throughout the different ages, teenage is a phase that demands an extra care and particular lifestyle tips to ensure a strong foundation for the tomorrow.
A teenage body, whether a girl’s or a boy’s undergoes through tremendous physical changes that can be tough for the child both physically and mentally. To cope up with the changes going inside the body, it is very important to provide a balanced diet that not only sources nutrients, minerals and fuel, but also helps the body to develop.
• Cut out unnecessary sugar and salt in your diet, whether in food or in drinks.
• Increase fruit intake. Nobody said that excess of fruits is bad. Although make sure that you are avoiding the ones you’re allergic to.
• Don’t skip the meal and don’t leave house without having a satiating breakfast.
• When you want to snack, eat fruits, dry fruits or have wholegrain nutrition bars (keep a check on sugar though and don’t hog unnecessarily).
• Don’t ignore water! It will be your best friend during this time.
• Divide your meals into smaller meals that you can have throughout the day.
• Don’t forget to do exercise to ensure that you are utilizing the energy.